Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Peanut & Purls: Knitting in the car

Bring your knitting to your aunt's house on the lake!

I always think it makes the most sense to knit on the go. Why wouldn't you get some knitting done while you're riding in the car or a plane or just hanging out? Well, if you knew what was good for you (and your knitting), you would carrying your projects with you all the time.


Another reason I like taking my knitting with me is because it makes me connect memories and events to certain projects. Like this little gray swatch was started in Iceland for a coworker's newest baby boy. It was the only project I brought with me, and I started and finished that little baby boy's sweater in Reykjavik. It made the whole project more special to me, and I think to him as well.


This little gem was from the baby sophisticate sweaters for my dear friend Kristin...partially knit on the way to Seattle.


Socks that took too long and maybe now I resent them a little bit...knit some of them on the way to Portland.


We probably all recognize this project (I know Christine does). It's still not done, but here I am working on it on the way back from Burbank in December. What a fun trip!


This Vogue wrap was knit on the way to Glacier National Park in Montana last August.


The start to the Woodland Shawl knit in the dumbest car I've ever been in whilst in CA in December.

Stay tuned--on Friday I will show you how to make a nifty little carrying pouch for you to put your knitting in while you travel.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, this is a reminder that it is my goal to finally learn to knit in 2013...I suspect one day I'll have one row done and it will fondly be remembered as that thing I knit in 2013. Well, all is not lost yet, it is only the beginning of March after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather you should! Be who you are in 2013!!! And you should be a knitter!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this useful and valuable information. Super your blog, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...