Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Peanut & Purl: Secret knits revealed!



You might remember a little secret knitting project I was working on for the last month or so. Well, it's finally finished!

This project was knit for a very smart and crafty friend (and coworker) who was very generous and gifted me her old sewing machine when she upgraded. I absolutely adore my new sewing machine (I'm calling it Ester), and it's come in handy a few times already. My coworker, Kathy has her own blog called LittleBook Notes where she showcases her amazing quilt sewing skills, cat army drills, and hiking adventures! We've mentioned Kathy before--she is the reason that Christine and Matilda found one another!

To express my thanks for Esther, I decided to knit a little lace mini-shawl for Kathy. The pattern is called Twig and Leaf by Anne Hanson, and it's for sale on Ravlery. 


The yarn is Alpaca Lace Cloud from Knitpicks. I'm pleased with how it turned out. The lace portion didn't take as long as the main body of the wrap, even though it was garter stitch the whole way.


I'm glad this project is over, for a while there I never thought it would get finished. That being said, I'm really happy with the results, and I think Kathy is too!

Now, on to all the Christmas projects I have been neglecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...