Tuesday, August 7, 2012

paint-by-number love

nightstand

OK, I realize that paint-by-numbers now carry some hipster stigma, but I still love them. I have several paint-by-numbers on display in my apartment, and even though they contribute heftily to my kitschy, cluttered, Victorian-era spinster aunt vibe, I refuse to remove them from their places of honor. All that being said, these paint-by-numbers have been perfectly integrated into a clean and modern design. No spinster aunts here, just quirky and bright conversation pieces. 

Who is the architect of these fine paint-by-number transformations? Janet Lee, author of Living in a Nutshell. Her new book is dedicated entirely to occupying, decorating, and thriving in small spaces. Don't mind if I do, Ms. Lee. 

sconce



tabletop


I would happily bring any of these ideas into my nutshell, but I don't think I could bear cut any of my paint-by-number masterpieces. Time to scour estate sales for some expendable duplicates, or put brush to canvas and paint a truly fantastic kitten nightstand with one of these beauts from Herrschner's. 



You can visit Ms. Lee's blog here. (Cat report: she has a Siamese named Scooter!)
I found Ms. Lee via the September issue of Country Living. You can view the article (and instructions) online here.


3 comments:

  1. Vraiment agréable ce site et en plus il est complet et simple en recherche. Je t’en remercie beaucoup pour ces moments de détente .

    Voyance Email

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...